Royal United Hospital
Time: 5.15-6.45 pm
About the course :This course is suitable for anyone who is interested in learning new ways to enhance well-being, boost happiness, improve resilience and reduce stress. Other benefits reported by course participants include.
- Improved focus, concentration and performance
- Improved ability to manage stressors
- Heightened appreciation , satisfaction and enjoyment in life
- Improved sleep quality and physical health.
- Improved relationships
- Better ability to treat self with kindness and care.
The course has been part-funded by the Royal United Hospital Innovation fund .It is open to N.H.S Royal United Hospital Staff and Doctors in Bath and North East Somerset.
This mindfulness course has been specifically developed for the workplace. Most mindfulness teaching is based on traditional meditation approaches or approaches developed in clinical settings. This programme takes the best practice from clinical mindfulness teaching to suit the needs of the workplace.
Fundamentally, the course aims to assist you to enhance your wellbeing and live life to your full potential.
Here is how the course will work.
- 1 session a week for 6 weeks. Each session lasts 90 minutes
- The core of the mindfulness approach is practice and experiential learning, so the course consists of 50% taught input and 50% experiential learning
- You will learn a combination of formal mindfulness exercises along with informal practical techniques to incorporate into daily routine
- There is a home practice requirement of 20 - 30 minutes a day for the full duration of the programme. This is an important part of the programme and people who commit to regular practice seem to benefit most. The home practice is based on exercises in the course text book: which is provided.