Will Mindfulness help me?
Mindfulness can be practised by anyone and the practices taught on the 8 week course have been shown to help people with a range of problems including;
• Stress and Anxiety
• Chronic pain
• Sleep disturbance and fatigue
• Heart disease
People that have attended course report a wide range of benefits including:
- A greater ability to notice and respond to habitual thought patterns.
- A greater sense of well-being and zest for life.
- Improved levels of concentration.
- Enhanced relationships with others and the world around them.
- Increased levels of self -compassion and acceptance.
- Less reactivity when faced with challenges.
- A greater appreciation of life.
People attend courses for a variety of reasons , some for specific mental or physical health difficulties, others come because they want to get more out of life and maximise their overall well-being. Others come for professional reasons, as a first step towards helping others.
Ultimately mindfulness is about wellness, we all experience up’s and down in life and mindfulness will generally help you navigate these a little easier.
Mindfulness courses are being offered in a wide range of settings and have been developed for particular populations including
- Sport Professionals
- Health Care Professionals
- Work Place
Please note, the group itself will not qualify you to teach mindfulness, if you are interested in this please see Becoming a Mindfulness Teacher.