What's involved in the 8 week course?
The 8 week course is a combination of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction as developed by Jon Kabat- Zinn and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy as developed by John Teasdale.
The courses are taught in groups of up to 12 people in a friendly and supportive environment.
Each week a new topic will be introduced. We usually spend about half of the session in a meditation and the remaining time engaging in discussion or learning other Mindfulness or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Techniques . These are all designed to enhance awareness and application in day-day life.
We also spend a full day practising together as way of deepening and enriching your use of mindfulness techniques.
- Week 1 - Waking up to Automatic Pilot.
- Week 2 - Living in our Heads.
- Week 3 - Responding to Distractions.
- Week 4 - Staying Present
- Week 5 - Acceptance and Letting Be
- Week 6 - Mindfulness in Relationships and Thoughts are Not Facts
- Week 7 - How can I Best care Take Care of Myself.
- Week 8 - Acceptance and Change