Mindfulness Approaches are vital in workplace settings
The benefits of mindfulness in both public and corporate workplace settings were discussed at the World Economic Forum (2013). The benefits include :
- Reductions in stress levels, anxiety and depression
- Higher levels of resilience and reduced rates of burnout
- Reduced cost of staff absenteeism and turnover
- Increased well-being and overall life and work satisfaction
- Increased awareness of self and others
- Less conflict and improved employee relations
- Increased connections in parts of the brain associated with attention, learning, memory, self awareness and compassion.
Taster Session. Tailor-made session designed to provide an introduction to mindfulness. During the taster you will learn what mindfulness is and what it is not. The benefits of mindfulness will be covered and there will be short guided sessions which can be used to enhance day-to-day life. On the basis of the introduction attendees can decide if they would like to commit to a longer course or programme.
Half-Day or Full-Day Tailor-Made Workshops. This enables attendees to gain more experience of mindfulness. There will be the opportunity to discuss mindfulness in more depth and explore various practices as to how mindfulness can help each participant at work and at home. Some of the science behind mindfulness will be also be investigated.
8-Week Programme. The training consists of 8 two-hour group sessions which can be taken on a weekly basis . Participants will learn how to set up mindfulness practice and will be given mindful techniques to use in daily life.
Some of the themes explored on the 8-week course include:
- Living in the present
- Calming the chattering mind
- Working with difficult emotions
- Empathy/Compassion meditation
- Letting go of anxiety and stress...and more
At the end of the course each participant will have a good working knowledge of mindfulness, a workbook, and a set of CDs and resources to support continuing practice and enhanced efficiency and well-being.
If you would like any more information about Mindfulness at Workplease get in touch.